Sunday 11 March 2018

How to... Paper Piecing for Card Making - VIDEO

A very talented and lovely crafty friend gave me this Stamping Tiny Townie Garden Girl Morning Glory stamp for my birthday back in November and I've been thinking about doing the paper piecing technique with it ever since. I LOVE paper piecing and I LOVE these Garden Girls and I decided to film the process for you.


The great thing about paper piecing is that you can use up lots of scraps. I found some of my Lawn Fawn plaid paper in my scrap pieces box and, as you'll see in the video, I had two pieces of just the right colours of blue and green.

You can watch the video here, or over on my You Tube channel:


The thing to remember when fussy cutting is to move the paper and not the scissors. I coloured the rest of the girl in with Copics and simply die cut with my WPlus9 Sunshine Layers die - that's one of the best purchases I've ever made! - and adhered to an A2 (US) card blank that I'd covered with another piece of my Lawn Fawn plaid paper.


Thank you for taking the time to read and leave me a comment. Wishing you all a very Happy Mothering Sunday and lots of crafty fun!

2 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

How cute is she!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a great piece of paper piecing (no pun intended). I somehow missed this video (I will have to go and watch, I like to support you, both here and YT). Have a wonderful weekend my friend! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Blog design by aleelilydesigns