Sunday 19 February 2017

European Copic Colouring Programme with Faye Wynn-Jones

Today, after many months of build up, my friend Dawn and I travelled to a Holiday Inn outside Leeds to take Classes One and Two of the European Copic Colouring Programme with Faye Wynn-Jones. If you don't already know Faye and her work with Dies to Die For, please look her up, because you will be astounded by her work. 

Faye came up to Leeds after I asked her if she ever came North and she said if she got enough interest, she would look at running a class. I found a couple of people and it rather grew from there. Something to bear in mind if you are quite far from some of the classes.


So, what did I think? I loved it, absolutely loved it. I was hyper excited about taking it - possibly because I also got a day off from looking after my two little ones! - and sometimes I can get a bit disappointed with things I've got overly excited about (yes I am 40, but everyone gets to act like a 10 year old sometimes!). I was not disappointed at all. It was everything I hoped and more.

Not only do you get access to a European Copic Colouring Master who instructs, encourages and even says 'I like it', which is a massive boost to your confidence :), but you also get six hours of Copic colouring and sit with a group of people who also love colouring and card making. We had a really nice group and shared storied and laughs. Oh, and I also forgot a couple of markers but Faye had spares - obviously she's met people like me before ;)

We covered the Copic markers themselves and cleaning them (something I need to do more!), focussed on smooth blending, hair, skin and backgrounds. The time just flew by!

There is a lot of information on Faye's blog about what is involved in the classes, and the six hours flies by and certainly gave me a bit of a boost to my colouring.

I have a whole booklet, some goodies and a reinvigorated sense of colouring and creating, and a desire now to do Classes 3 and 4 later in the year when I've had a chance to do some more practice. With the 30 Day Colouring Challenge coming up on March 1st, I'll be practising with Copics a lot. 


And best of all, I get a certificate all signed to say I've done it. Makes me feel like I've accomplished something! 

Thanks for indulging me in my excitement about this class and if there's anything else you'd like to know, please drop me a line. Thanks for popping by today!

6 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

So pleased to hear you enjoyed yourself so much Ruth, and, yes, it is good to act like a ten year old at times . . . why not eh? Sounds like you had a blast and how nice to hear that if enough people can get together, they would be accommodated at a class nearby too! Can't wait to see of your wonderful colouring!! Have a wonderful week my friend! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Lisa T said...

Sounds like you had a fab day! I will have to consider this at some point.... maybe later on in the year 😃

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Yay! Sooooo pleased you had such a fab day. And thank you for all the positive feedback. I feel like I just got given TEN bags of sweeties! ;) x

Karen Dunbrook said...

so happy you had a great day! I have never taken a course but it really sounds great.
xx Karen

Dr Sonia S V said...

Hehe Ruth your post made me smile. I crossed over to the other side of 40 some time back but yeah I do get pretty excited about any new crafty thing I can learn!! You are so lucky to have been able to take a class you thoroughly enjoyed
Hope you drop by for a visit
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Darnell said...

I don't blame you for being excited and proud, Ruth! I would SO have gone to that class! Faye's work is ridiculously amazing!! I'm happy for you that you got to go!! Hugs, Darnell

Blog design by aleelilydesigns