Wednesday 18 November 2015

A Tattered Lace Challenge with Lisa

Hello! I'd normally be doing a Copic class post around now, but Aileen and I have postponed it to the end of the week, instead, I have managed to make a card for a challenge that I had going with Lisa (@lisatilson) on Instagram. We both have Tattered Lace dies that we had never used and were considering selling. With some sensible advice from Michelle we challenged each other to use them on a card before we sold them. Lisa's card was simple and beautiful and you can see it on her feed on IG from a few weeks ago. Here is my card using the fairy tale carriage:


I managed to use some of my new Create A Smile stamps that arrived last week (if you follow my Instagram feed, yes, I did buy quite a lot this month!) and quite a few bits of scrap card, so I felt very virtuous!

I used a 6x6 card blank and die cut the carriage from some white scrap card - they do cut beautifully I will say, but I hate having to poke out all the little bits. The circles were cut from Heather Bazzill Basics scraps using my SSS Stitched Circles die and the sentiment stamped in VersaFine Onyx Black. I felt a few French Lavender sequins were needed in the corner.

A couple of close ups:




Supplies: Tattered Lace Fairy Tale Carriage; Pre cut 6x6 white card blank; Hobbycraft Premium White card scraps; Bazzill Basics paper scraps; Create A Smile Make a Wish stamp set; VersaFine Onyx Black; Ranger Multi Medium Matte; Super Sticky Red Tape; Little Things from Lucy's Cards French Lavender (discontinued); Simon Says Stamp Stitched Circles;

I'm still not 100% comfortable with using them, as I find them fiddly and not really my thing. I much prefer colouring images and clean and simple cards, but my sister really likes it, so I think I'll keep the die for now and see if I can use them to make a card for her birthday next year. I did manage to use one of the other ones I got for Christmas last year back in March, but the third is still in its packet..... I'm waiting on some inspiration....

I have a multitude of Christmas cards to make using all the new things I got this month, so that's what I'll mostly be doing for the next 5 weeks - I hope you'll bear with me!

Thank you so much for visiting, hope you're having a great week despite the weather (if you're in the UK at least!) and thank you for all your lovely comments and encouragement, it really means a lot to me and keeps me going.


8 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a beautiful card Ruth! Fit for any age 'Princess', glad you managed to get a little use from it . . . I too, have so much stuff that I have never used, and when I think about it, I get quite ashamed of myself (I'm the same with clothes) . . . maybe that should be my New Year Resolution (to use the stuff I buy!) Well, have a good day my friend! Hazel xx

Aileen said...

Its 3am here and I cant sleep so blog crawling. Just came to your post. What a wonderful card, love the colours you chose. Fantastic die, would be perfect for little girls birthday card too. I know what you mean with all those little bits you have to remove and at least it cuts clean. Nothing worse than having parts that only partly cut. You've created a beautiful card ere.

Stephanie said...

Huzzah! I was hoping you had created a post about this card. It's so beautiful! I get what you mean though, I also like to color in images and am more of a clean and simple kind of cardmaker. (at least I think so... xD sometimes my cards end up super embellished. oops, lol) Those tattered lace dies are so pretty and intricate. I agree with Michelle (I believe I remember reading her comment...) about die cutting some to keep before you sell them off. You never know when you will want to use a beautiful horse and carriage.

Darnell said...

Oh, my, Ruth, this lovely card is worth all the aggravation! It is so precious and I love the sweet lavender color with all that white! Well done using your NBUS! I like the idea of trying something once before you sell it! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

Vicki Dutcher said...

That is an amazing die set! Whoa - very detailed. 2 suggestions; do you have a sim? and/ or use a grocery sack between the paper and die (I use to use wax paper, but saw a video saying that was the worst thing to use as it coats the die with wax and dulls it - go figure]. Both help to cut better and way less tiny pieces to deal with :) -- Very fun card too!

LaurieC said...

It really is a pretty card!! I have to agree with Hazel..I too, have so much stuff that I just had to have, and still have not used. I think that would be the perfect New Years resolution! Easier said than done especially when these darned companies keep coming out with such fantastic stuff!!!
Good for you for using your unused stuff..you've inspired me to try that out!! In fact, maybe I'll do that right now!!!
Hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! I'd say keep them. Love the colours, too!

maria f. said...

This is dreamy! I love your posts about Copic coloring too. They are new to me and I think you're right, it's all about practice. Love your results.

Blog design by aleelilydesigns