Tuesday 6 October 2015

Copic Markers for Card Makers - Online Card Classes - Day 1

Hi there, Craft buddies! I'm back with a super quick post to tell you how much fun I'm having doing the Online Card Class for Copic Markers. If you've ever thought about taking one of these classes, don't hesitate. On day 1 alone, it is worth the money already. For $35 (£20) you get lifetime access to fantastic videos and a whole host of instruction and practice sheets.

Here's the cards I made from some of the images on the first practice sheet. Today was all about blending.


 

I don't have a huge amount of markers yet, so I used what I had in the natural blending groups as well as Jennifer McGuire's tip of playing with a dark and light colour to see what works. The yellow and green balloons were done with colours outside of the natural blending groups and I love them - G17 and YR06; Y11 and Y06. The presents were coloured in with the same green, with the yellow this time Y06 and Y08.

I fussy cut out the balloons and presents and adhered them to a panel of white card I'd die cut using a Lawn Fawn Stitched Square. I attached it with fun foam to a 6x6 card blank I'd covered in Lawn Fawn Let's Polka paper. The '2' was stamped in Lemon Twist and Lily Pad using my new Paper Smooches Digits stamps that I won in a Giveaway over on Instagram (thanks to the lovely Lydia Evans!). I die cut them out using a small stitched square and adhered them using some foam pads.




[Supplies: Practice Sheet from Online Card Classes for Copic Markers; Copic Markers; Ranger Dye Ink Lemon Twist and Lily Pad; Lawn Fawn Let's Polka 6x6 Paper Pad; Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Squares; Double Sided Tape; Fun Foam; Sticky Red Tape; Stick It Permanent Adhesive Roller; Paper Smooches Digits]

Simple and bright for twins with an upcoming birthday :)

Don't forget to stop by my crafty friend Aileen over at Colour and Sparkle who is doing the class along with me - we'll be posting what we've done around the same time at opposite ends of the world - hopefully!!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you're having a fun week. Hectic here as always, but managing to fit in colouring as and when I can :)

7 comments:

Aileen said...

Love what you have done and it looks brilliant. Im just up so need to do my post. better get moving.

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie these are just so pretty I am loving the colours :0) hugs Pops x

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

These are so sweet Ruth! It looks as though that class is really paying off too, as your colouring is amazing! I'd love to use Copics, but alas, they are too rich for my pocket! Have a lovely day my friend! Hazel xx

francesca said...

beautiful cards!! :)
I'm doing my first GIVEAWAY over at my blog, be sure to check it out!! :)

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

These are beautiful, Ruth! I need to go back and revisit some of the coloring techniques! TFS!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So fun that you and your "neighbor", [NOT] are taking this class together! Looks like you are doing a bang up job too! :)

Marika said...

Great practise, Ruth! And wonderful cards made out of practised colouring sheets. Well done.

Blog design by aleelilydesigns