Friday 10 July 2015

Graduation Thanks

Hello lovely readers! Sharing a very simple card with you today with the cutest set from last month's Clearly Besotted release. Sunday 5th was their latest release and I managed to get some more lovely stuff to play with - can't get enough of their things! The design team do such a good job of inspiring me.

On Wednesday it was nursery Sports Day and Graduation. Yes. Nursery graduation. It sounds like a silly idea, but really it's a way of saying farewell to those about to start school in September, and noting that they're about to start a new chapter. We went along to thank all the wonderful staff there who have helped our 4 year old turn into a confident and caring little girl. A card at least was required. (Don't worry, we also made thank you cakes!)

As you can see I've been practicing with my Copic markers. I met up with a crafty friend last Friday in the craft shop she works in not too far from here. She was so wonderfully helpful and I managed to get some more Copics as well as a myriad of other things.


Supplies: Clearly Besotted Let's Roll stamp and Let's Roll die set; Clearly Besotted Thanks Word die; Copic Ciao Markers; Stick It!; Foam Tape; Papermania 6x6 Capsule Collection; Ranger Multi Medium Matte; Memento Tuxedo Black

Apologies that the photo is not great. It's part of my birthday list to get a better camera, but that's not until November, I'm afraid.

It is so simple, just one of the CB Let's Roll hedgehogs stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with Copic Ciaos (E57, E59 for the prickles; E53, E51 for the face; E18 for the feet and YR02 for the ears). I stamped the mortar board and scroll onto pink paper and die cut them - talk about tiny dies!!! I die cut out the CB Thanks die with some Stick It! on the back to make it easier to adhere to the panel of white card. Stuck the hedgehog in between using Multi Medium Matte glue then his mortar board on top and then the scroll at the bottom. The card blank has two strips of 1.5cm pink card stock at either side and this adds some colour - pink is her favourite colour, which is why I chose it. The main panel is adhered with foam tape and I added some Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents to the scroll. Simple and effective!

Thank you for reading as always. Have a fantastic weekend as always. Here's a picture of those Thank You cakes - pink as well of course. It was a brilliant day despite the weather - well it has to rain on Sports Day!


 


5 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

I am loving the colours on this creation sweetie hugs Pops x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Cute card - I too love Clearly Besotted.

Michelle Short said...

Gorgeous card, love the design. How cute that your daughter gets to graduate from nursery - adorable! xx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Such a cute card Ruthich and those cakes look scrummy . . . shame I'm on a diet ;( Have a lovely week! Hazel xx

Marika said...

Hey, I know the feeling. I was very excited when the delivery arrived with copics and then so scared to try them out. And I know the feeling coming back with tons of stuff from a craft store. :D About your card, good colouring with a new colouring medium and love your CAS design.

Blog design by aleelilydesigns