Saturday 14 February 2015

Valentine's Day

Every year my husband and I decide we're not going to have anything to do with Valentine's Day. It's too commercial etc etc. Yet every year each of us buys the other one a card. So, whilst child no.1 was at nursery on Thursday, he was at work and baby decided to have a long nap early afternoon, I made this little card. Always have to incorporate green into his cards. It's his favourite colour.


The card base is made from Bazzill Cardshoppe in a light green. The tag is the rounded tag die from Clearly Besotted, cut from water colour paper and stamped with the rose stamp from the free Clearly Besotted Stamp collection from Simply Cards and Papercraft no. 133 and coloured in with hot red Derwent Inktense Pencil and then brushed lightly with water for watercolour effect. As I only have hot red, lagoon (blue) and sun yellow, the leaves were a combination! I stamped the sentiment with another of the free stamps in Memento Tuxedo Black and then added some sticky gems. I used a bit of red ribbon I'd bought for Christmas cards for the tag and stuck it on with foam pads.

I also used the We R Memory Keepers envelope punch board to make an envelope in Bazzill Bling - a  nice pink I bought to make a card for my 4 year old, but didn't quite get round to it. I really like using the board, but found I had to have quite heavy card and not paper to make the envelopes. It's nice for special cards.

This year we've decided to share a box of chocolates too.

No comments:

Blog design by aleelilydesigns