Tuesday 10 November 2015

Online Card Classes - Copic Markers for Card Makers Day 5

Welcome back to Day 5 of the Copic class. This week it's all been about skin and hair - something I definitely need to practice at. Here are my practice sheets - the green skinned and red haired alien woman was Anne's idea as she joined me in a bit of colouring practice, although with her sitting on my knee it proved less helpful to me!

 

I realised I'd started cutting them out before I took the pictures. Apologies for the shadow in the bottom one, still working on my photo set up.....

So I really liked doing the hair, but I need a few more blonde and greys. The skin I'm OK for Caucasian, and I think my light Asian skin colour was so so. I could do with some different E's I think to improve on my African and darker Asian skin tones too. Oh no - more spending ;)

I did manage a couple of cards with the ballerinas - not something I think I'd ever make a card with, but it was interesting thinking of something. I kept it quite plain:



So simple, just a card blank covered in coloured paper, a piece of white card cut using my LF stitched square stackables and with sentiments from Mama Elephant and Clearly Besotted. I actually enjoyed fussy cutting her out - makes me take time, which means I'm not fiddling about on the internet!



[Supplies: Online Card Classes Practice Images; Clearly Besotted Happy Birthday; Mama Elephant Heartfelt Wishes; Copic Markers; Ranger Dye Inks - Lily Pad and Blue Ribbon; Versafine Onyx Black; Precut Card Blank; Hobbycraft Premium White Cardstock 300gsm; Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Square Stackables; Double Sided Tape; Ranger Multi Medium Matte; Papermania Capsule 6x6 paper pad

I'm having a great time with this class and would love to do another one as I probably have said before. There is one running now called Holiday Style. Can I do a massive shout out to Michelle from The Card Grotto? You know I think she is an amazing crafter, and that she is a lovely and very supportive person too, well she has a guest spot on the new course - yes, that is right!! How fantastic is that??? She hasn't been so well of late, so if you are in mind to share some kindness, you could pop over to her blog and leave her a happy comment.

That's all for class this week - back next week with what look like some fun critters. Again, please go and leave some happy comments on the fabulous Aileen's blog - no doubt she will have done some fabulous colouring and possibly some amazing cards!

Before I go, I also decided to splurge on a stamp with my name and blog details on it. I was running out of the stickers I put on the back of my cards, and felt it was time to get a little bit more professional seeing as I'm an internet sensation (that was a joke, btw, as I am far from that!). I got it from The English Stamp Company. Easy online ordering and excellent customer service - about 2.5 days from ordering to delivery!


Thanks again for reading, see you all again soon!


9 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Fun! Looks like you're learning lots!

Anonymous said...

Those classes look like a whole load of fun! Do continue sharing with us, you crafty superstar!

Aileen said...

Okay Internet superstar hows it going?? I am just doing my post and linking up to yours so came to get the internet connect. Great colouring and fussy cutting. I couldn't get into cutting that strip between her legs (!!!) so just coloured to blend it in. Your post is so good as are your photos, you are going so well with this. I too mentioned on my blog I need more colours........latttterrrr. talk soon XX

Diane said...

What fun classes, love the card designs.

Hugs diane

LaurieC said...

Great coloring!! Hair and skin are so tough! I really want to do an online class of some sort...just not sure which one. Love everything about these cards, including that sweet ballerina which, by the way, only an Internet crafting Superstar such as yourself, would be able to fussy cut so expertly!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Look at YOU getting all artisty with your people! Well done -- yes, a personalized hand stamp is a great investment~

Alanna said...

Your copic coloring looks great. I love the skin and hair on the ballerinas. And yeah for your new custom stamp. Looks great.

Unknown said...

I am very interest to towards your posts. can you provide Dot Net Online Training

Jayalakshmi said...

Nice! you are sharing such helpful and easy to understandable blog. i have no words for say i just say thanks because it is helpful for me.



Dot Net Training in Chennai | Dot Net Training in anna nagar | Dot Net Training in omr | Dot Net Training in porur | Dot Net Training in tambaram | Dot Net Training in velachery


Blog design by aleelilydesigns